||Med Image Instructions
1. Double Click on the Med Image Icon.
2. A Med Image graphic will appear. Click mouse to continue.
3. A licensing agreement will appear with three options.
Using the Program
A. Navigation and Controls:
1. Transverse, sagittal, and coronal images are displayed (when available CT images will be displayed). The title bar displays slice type and number, magnification, and the step distance. Each anatomical image has horizontal and vertical navigation bars, indicating the location of its orthogonal slices.
2. Position the cursor within a window. If the window is active, then the cursor will appear as a hand or a magnifying glass. If the window is inactive, then the cursor will appear as an arrow. To activate a window click on the contents of the window.
3. To navigate through the slices of the active window, use the '<' and '>' keys. When the cursor is positioned on the navigation bars, it changes to represent the directions the navigation bars can be moved. Click and drag the navigation bars of the active window to navigate through the slices of the inactive windows.
4. Tools (double click on the menu bar to toggle between tools.)
5. Click and drag title bar to move window around the screen. Click and drag lower right corner of window to resize window. Double click and drag lower right corner of window to resize window and contents.
6. CT brightness and contrast controls: Activate the CT window and move the cursor to the upper left hand corner of the window to see the brightness and contrast controls. Click and drag the control slides left or right to adjust the brightness and contrast of the CT image.
7. Change the step distance using the Up and Down arrows.
B. Menu Options:
1. Apple Menu
2. File Menu
3. Views Menu
4. Help Menu -- NO HELP